When individuals pursue healthcare options, whether it is emergency care or a planned visit, they are entrusting their well-being to the medical community, and the professionals the hospitals, clinics and medical centers hire to provide treatment,
Sadly, the attorney group at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith understands all too well that the medical community has its faults, and medical malpractice is a common occurrence in not only in the state of Nevada but across the nation. Our firm represents victims of medical malpractice with a devoted representation in an effort to hold the doctor, nurse or healthcare provider responsible for any injury or damage to a patient that occurs while under their care.
When is a Nurse or Doctor Negligent?
Doctor or nurse’s negligence occurs when a medical professional fails to provide proper care in any capacity, protecting patients’ rights and expectation of proper care is our duty as Las Vegas Medical Malpractice attorneys, and we stand by our clients’ right to receive compensation for their injuries.
Nurse and Doctor Negligence Claims
Doctors and nurses can share equal responsibility for medical negligence, including — but not limited to — the following areas:
- Failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis, or delayed diagnosis in any capacity as it relates to health and the human body.
- Medication errors that relate to medication allergies, monitoring of patients vitals or discovering possible drug interactions that can create dire medical conditions or death.
- Failure to communicate with the patient, or his or her other healthcare providers to provide proper overall treatment.
- Failure to provide timely or prompt treatment in emergency situations.
As accomplished medical malpractice attorneys, we have represented individuals in the aforementioned categories, and have also concentrated on medical complications that arise from “failure to treat” scenarios that leave our clients with irreversible injuries.
Examples of claims that might fall under the category “failure to treat” include:
- Failure to communicate proper treatment with a nurse or other healthcare provider, resulting in the administration of improper care.
- Failure to perform certain tests to determine what the problem is
- Failure to promptly treat an emergency situation, including heart attacks or strokes.
- Failure to provide a patient with the proper instructions for treatment, resulting in improper healing and extended injury.
- Failure to recognize serious conditions or infections based on the exhibited symptoms.
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist when necessary, extending their injury.
- Failure to treat a patient because of lack of insurance.
- Improper diagnosis of cancer or another condition that results in mistreatment and delayed proper care.
Failure to diagnose and treat an injury or illness properly only prolongs an individual’s ability to receive proper care and diminishes their quality of life. At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our accomplished attorneys have taken a stand against medical staffs, hospitals, clinics, surgeons, general physicians, anesthesiologists, nurses, nurse practitioners and assistants who were given poor information that led to the mistreatment of our clients.
Medical negligence is a very serious offense, and when a patient’s health and well-being is jeopardized by a trusted member of the medical community, it is our duty to provide them with exceptional representation to face these circumstances with confidence.
Types of Medical Malpractice, our Law Offices focus on include:
- Anesthesia Errors
- Birth Injury
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Emergency Room Errors
- Hospital Acquired Infections
- Medication Errors
- Surgical Errors